Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Big Ben With East Lake Brownie



Today I found out that my friend Ben died from a gunshot wound that he inflicted upon himself last week. WTF?!
We weren't real close but we did know each other from corresponding through email and on a online fly fishing forum. I first met him a couple of years ago at Burning Pram.
What I remember most about Ben was his writing. Ben posted great stories on the Westfly Bulletin Board. My favorite of which was " Desert Waderings," http://www.westfly.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=011048#000010.
In person Ben was warm and friendly. The last time I saw him was at Burning Pram III. I remember that he said that he was glad to see me and I could tell that he really was glad. That it made me feel good that someone I had only met once, two years ago, was so happy to see me. I was happy to see him too and now as I look back I'm thankful that I got to see him one last time.
Take care Big Ben.

No comments: