Saturday, January 06, 2007

Catalog Storm '07



The annual post-Christmas flood of catalogs started today. This morning three showed up at Flytimes WHQ.

#1. Cabelas - Lot's of boats and a wading jacket that looks fairly staunch. The fly-size jig heads caught my eye too. AND! And a full assortment of carp flies. Cabelas is gonna go places, you'll see.

#2. Orvis - Features a cool looking canoe/kayak hybrid that probably costs half as much from other retailers. Lots of dog beds and boat shoes. Other than the canoe there's nothing new here.

#3. Patagonia - Patagonia's, "Heart of Winter" catalog has a couple of pages of fly gear. The highlight here is a story from one of their own, an east coast rep who lost a rod down in Central America. Apparently a jack pulled it right out of his hands. Oh well the Patagonia label isn't what it used to be so I can't imagine that the reps are anything they like used to be either.

3 comments:

Cash for Cars Indianapolis said...

I never tried fly fishing. I guess I am too lazy and would rather sit there and watch my bobber.

Best Indoor Tanning Lotion

Anonymous said...

I would think you might need that canoe to go with the rest of the flytimes backyard flotilla.

WT said...

I agree.